Responsible for month-end closing process and preparation of financial statements. Analyze the monthly general ledger account activity, and journal entries and accruals. Reconcile various account, fixed asset administration, and various employees benefit accounting. Maintenance of various spreadsheets to support financial transactions, and analysis of various revenues and expenses. Supervise accounts payable and accounts receivable processes. Review and approve bi-weekly and monthly payrolls. Train and direct other accountant(s) and direct their work activities. Compute all taxes due and process timely payments – all payroll taxes; sales taxes; trucking fees and taxes. Maintain steel inventories and provide printouts of inventory to shop floor. Record and maintain fixed asset records, both new assets and those traded, sold or scrapped. Oversee employee attendance records and provide the president as required. Responsible to see that new employees are offered health insurance and 401K opportunities timely, as stated in employee manual. Prepare and distribute annual W-2’s and 1099’s timely and accurately. Prepare work papers for year-end tax data to corporate CPA. In the event of employee injury, prepare appropriate reports for management and workers compensation carrier. Assist with distributions from 401k for hardship withdrawals, in-service distributions, and assist participants with any questions they may have concerning their 401k. Handle any other corporate accounting duties or supervision of duties as assigned.
COMPETENCY & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and demonstrate a “can-do” positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent skills in MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
- Tax preparation experience with payroll, sales, and use taxes
- Month end closing procedures
- Financial statement preparation
- Analysis of monthly G/L
- Experience with truck fuel and road taxes a huge plus
- Manufacturing accounting experience a huge plus
- Top Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Retirement Plan
- Drug Free Work Place
Apply in person with resume and salary history:
R & M Steel Co.
20595 Farmway Rd.
Caldwell, Idaho 83607
No Mail to above address.
Or Email Resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
and fill out an application on our website.